Saturday, July 17, 2010

moving

So...my husband wants to move. Not just move down the street, mind you. We did that...just this past December. Nope, my man wants to pick up and move to the Washington, D.C. area. Yeah. Did I mention we live in Texas? Did I mention that I have never been out of the south for anything other than vacations? Did I mention that I am terrified to my toes at the thought of moving 20 hours away from anyone I might even remotly recognize, let alone love? Hubby is not nearly as nervous. HE was in the Air Force. HE has traveled all over Europe. HE has lived in Germany and Turkey. HE thinks it would be an adventure. HE is also the one who would be going to work each day doing interesting things whilst I stayed at home sad and lonely. Well, at least that's the mental image I keep conjuring up when he mentions moving. I don't want to squash his dreams so I've agreed to consider the idea. With one condition...HE is the one who tells his mother! That'll teach him. Besides, getting this southern girl out of the South would be an act of Congress. Pun intended.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like it's going to become a WE adventure... Sometimes we find out greatest growth when we step furthest out of our boxes... Much love always!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the mom. The moving idea makes me crazy but I understand the "stand by my man" concept. I would follow mine to the ends of the earth. If the move should happen my heart will break and ache but I will be the "stand by my baby" mom.

    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete