Thursday, July 22, 2010

little boy humor

I'm finding a theme in the humor in my house. Booty's and toots. Yep, I said it. The potty humor is raging around here, lately. This morning Abram says to me, "Mom...want me to tell you a joke?". "Sure", I say. "What did the airplane say to the astronaut?". "Hmm, I don't know sweetie", I reply. I could see the sly little smile on his face. He took a deep breath and I thought, " here it comes". "Oh my booty coo coo!", he chortles. Does it makes sense? Not even a little bit. But, it is supremely hilarious to him because he found yet another way to include the word "booty" into something he was saying. We've discovered that when he is has run out of things to talk about (which is rare) his old standby line is to sigh and say "I hate my booty". Huh? The punch line to every joke is booty. I don't get it. I have to admit I'm stumped. Why in the world is that so funny? Perhaps boys were manufactured with a little extra compartment in their brains where booty humor specifically sits just waiting to spill forth. Even my 8 year old will go into fits of giggles at the mention of booty's and toots. The baby is a veritable treasure trove of humor in that area, in fact. He is in fact, a gassy little thing. He could power a speed boat all on his own. The funniest thing in the world to his older brothers is when he dirties a diaper with the loudest of grunts and even louder fire power from within. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever understand these strange little creatures that are my boys. Even at this age it's amazing how different boys and girls are. Don't get me wrong, I know little girls find bodily functions hilarious, too. Usually they outgrow it though, right? Looking at my husband I've come to realize, boys never do!

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe... we've told Milo that booty is a bad word. He's afraid to say it. Too late for yours, though... and I fully expect it to get worse this fall when Milo starts kindergarten.

    ReplyDelete